Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chicago moyamoya surgery (Read 2295 times)
ankr
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Chicago moyamoya surgery
Apr 13th, 2019 at 11:29am

Wonder if there is any recent information on doctors with moyamoya surgery experience in the Chicago area. We were referred to Dr Jahromi Babak at Northwestern. Are there others that we should be contacting as well?

Any feed back about doctors specializing in moyamoya in Chicago area would be much appreciated.

IP Logged

willowz
New Poster

Hope Springs Eternal

Re: Chicago moyamoya surgery
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 2:29pm

My sister had surgery by Dr. Anderson of Loyola Medical Center in Maywood, IL. He did an expert job and she is still doing well (5 years afterwards).

IP Logged

ankr
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Chicago moyamoya surgery
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 8:09pm

Thank you. We met with Drs from both Northwestern and University of Illinois Chicago. Both surgeons we met were very patient and took time to explain the course of action. They were very deliberate in their suggestions and consensus was more imaging including angiography. The angiography eliminated a couple of possibilities and revealed blood flow deficiency in one side of the brain. Now the recommendation is a STA MCA. We have reached out to Dr. Steinberg at Stanford and can confirm that the staff there is very responsive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge