Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Logistics Palo Alto (Read 2683 times)
ankr
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Logistics Palo Alto
Jul 28th, 2019 at 10:23pm

Can somebody provide pointers for staying in PaloAlto during surgery at Stanford? Typically what is stay length after STA  MCA surgery? How soon do patients fly back if from another state? What happens if complications occur after return? I understand that in case of emergency one would go to a nearby center but is return to Stanford advised if symptoms like headache or tingling reappear?

thanks

IP Logged

SaraB
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Oregon
Re: Logistics Palo Alto
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 12:15am

I believe my stay was somewhere between 10-14 days for surgery on one side so it would be longer if you are having both sides done. Once back home the Moyamoya center does have a number you can call to speak with someone 24 hrs a day if you have complications or concerns. You can also have a local doctor contact them if needed. They have a standard schedule for you to return to Stanford for monitoring your progress. I think it’s a recheck at six months, three years, and so on. I recommend looking into the H.O.M.E. Apartments as an inexpensive and convenient place to stay while you are there.

IP Logged

ankr
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:46am

Thank you. I missed this. We are leaving in a couple of weeks for surgery. Flew to San Jose earlier this month for a preliminary consult. Stayed in Millipitas Days Inn and took Uber. Commute time from Millipitas to Stanford almost an hour.
Days inn was great.

For the surgery looking at Air b n b options in
Palo Alto. Seems about the same price point as conventional options but has advantages of kitchen and a house feel. Will post experience later.

IP Logged

SaraB
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Oregon
Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 8:34pm

I strongly recommend you look into the HOME Apartments. They have a kitchen and the cost is based on your financial situation. It isn’t fancy but close enough to walk to your appointments. And everyone there is a patient so you feel a sense of fellowship all the residents. I think this link has contact information in it https://m.facebook.com/pages/HOME-Apartments-on-Welch-at-Stanford-University-Hos
pital/334383216605150

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge