Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Adult MM (Read 1512 times)
jane
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Costa Mesa, USA, CA, California
Adult MM
Feb 20th, 2004 at 3:39pm

Hello,

My 42 year old husband suffered multiple ischemic stroke and was diagnosed with moyamoya in 12/02.  He suffered 100% occlusion to the interior carotid and subsequently underwent an STA to MCA bypass and burr holes at UCLA.  A review of his films by UCLA neurologists, neurosurgeons, and neuro-radiologists have determined that, at this point,  the vascular disease is unilateral only which is not typical of moyamoya disease.  Also, in his case, he does not have the tell-tale "puff of smoke" appearance of abnormal vessel growth.  All the moyamoya experts seem to agree that he may not have moya moya, however, it's a tricky disease and, in the absence of another reason for his vascular disease, it hasn't been ruled out.  He is doing extremely well since his surgery and, although he has some minor deficits from the stroke, has had no further symptoms or problems.  Does anyone out there have a similar story?   We are told it is extremely important for him to be monitored to determine whether there is any progression. (at this point, every 6-9 months he needs an MRI, a CT Angiogram, and a Perfusion Study)  For anyone out there who has this disease, I would consider a second opinion if you're not getting periodic testing.  

Thanks,

Jane

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2004 at 3:48pm by jane »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge