Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OK to Side Sleep w/Incision Against Pillow??? (Read 5456 times)
bagdaddi
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

OK to Side Sleep w/Incision Against Pillow???
Jul 31st, 2016 at 5:56pm

Surgery w/Dr. Steinburg in March on right side only.  Currently only sleeping on my back or on the left side.  Is it ok to sleep with my incision side against the pillow?  What are others doing?  Thanks, John

IP Logged

stev0
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: OK to Side Sleep w/Incision Against Pillow???
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 9:43pm

hi bagdaddi--i havnt had surgery yet but id say you might want to go really easy on the incision,youve just been through a major life changing surgery, its about as profound an event as i can think of, from what ive read on here and facebook it will probably take about a month to heal.

take it easy man, best wishes on yr recovery
regards steve.

IP Logged

nicole409
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 6:52pm

I did it when I felt comfortable with it.  There were no complications that followed.

IP Logged

SaraB
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Oregon
Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:17am

I too was afraid to sleep on my incision. I actually took one of those really soft neak pillows with the opening in the center and used it to make a doughnut style pillow that allowed me to sleep on my side without putting pressure on my incision. I had bilateral surgeries so I was afraid to sleep on either side for months. The problem was that I have never been able to sleep on my back. It's been almost 4 years and I still get a little nervous when a hotel has firm pillows.

IP Logged

ankr
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 2:00pm

My wife had surgery at Stanford last week. She too was afraid to sleep on the side with incision. When asked, the team at Stanford said it was okay but we were not comfortable with that suggestion as they also keep bringing up not to wear glasses that press on the artery.
Best to err on the side of caution.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge