Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Request for some info please (Read 3374 times)
Donnieclark
Ex Member

Request for some info please
Dec 16th, 2017 at 5:11am

Hi,

I can't really seem to find any layman's explanations for all the questions I type into Google. The doctors have said that out of the 4 arteries that supply oxygenated blood to his brain, the 2 larger ones are blocked. They've said he will require surgery to bypass these blockages but he'll need a few weeks to a few months to recover from this stroke before they can do that.
would there be anything (medically/physically) that would prevent him from being able to get the surgery?
how risky is the surgery? Like the way they talk about it on tv with regards to survival/ complications etc
what are the surgery success rates?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References: https://www.rareconnect.org/en/posts/d66c0ff4-1400-490f-856b-a60de664cc3a

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

corynski
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

lancing, tn
Re: Request for some info please
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 1:51pm

Hello DonnieClark
I hope you're getting some information from a reliable source.  Where are you located?  My son had surgery in Nashville, tn with Dr. Mericle, you could get information from them.  619-320-0007
My son William 46 was operated on both sides and is still in recovery.  This site should have a list of the doctors nationwide for you to access. Good luck and stay in touch if you need more information.

charles coryn

IP Logged

Smithnth
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Request for some info please
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 4:04pm

The sorry for the late reply. Totally not a dr but this is my knowledge based of my experiences with my son. The brain is supplied by two main arteries (MCAs). You typically have two options a direct or indirect bypass. You and your dr have to decide what best. Both have pluses and minuses. We personally did the indirect. You should get multiple opinions while you have the time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge